Your pet’s safety and the people who care for them are our top priority.
Due to the evolving situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our veterinary facility is taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our clients, pets, and the people who care for them.
1. Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive for your pet's appointment 585-546-1550. We will provide further direction and one of our team member will meet you at your vehicle and bring your pet inside. Please have you pet ready to be taken into the hospital i.e. step out of the car and hand the pet to the team member. Please have your dog on a leash or your cat in a cat carrier.
2. Drop-off appointments may be available.
3. Increased communication by phone may be necessary to help decrease direct contact between staff and pet owners, including payment.
4. Ensure that you have an adequate supply of your pet’s long-term medications. This includes flea, tick, and heartworm prevention.
5. Ensure that your pet is up to date on their vaccines, as preventing other infectious diseases like rabies, parvovirus, leptospirosis, and other respiratory pathogens is critical.
6. It is unlikely that COVID-19 can infect pets at this time. However, pets are susceptible to other respiratory diseases. Testing is recommended for pets showing signs of respiratory illness like coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge, or fever.
Thank you for your patience during this time. We will notify you of any changes to our policy as the Coronavirus pandemic unfolds.